Forums

Full Version: Ampeg Gemini VI Tremolo Intensity Question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all,

I recently recapped and increased the tremolo intensity on my Ampeg Gemini VI. It now sounds much stronger.

However, upon increasing the intensity , I lost the "After-Beat" click click click effect. When I engage the intensity switch it appears to keep the bulb on inside of the roach which ultimately results in a constant state of reduced volume.

I was wondering if you could explain the science behind this outcome.

Why would changing the value of this resistor stop the "After-Beat" switch from working?

Here is the Tremolo circuit (Joe Piazza Schematic):

I reduced this 1 meg resistor to 240k to increase the intensity.

[Image: 1659988825641-png.1014806]

Original Schematic:

[Image: 1659989012108-png.1014809]

Here is the "After Beat" circuit:

[Image: 1659989500756-png.1014811]

I simply reduced this 1 meg resistor on a hunch and the tremolo effect got much more intense and audible. I am very happy with it! However,
now when I engage the intensity switch, the signal does not appear to run through the .2uf capacitor and 22k resistor.

Any thoughts as to why?

Changing the 1 meg to 240 K allows for much better intensity, but when the switch is engaged, the bulb inside the roach appears to remain on constantly (constant decrease in volume due to activated photo resistor).

My theory is that engaging the switch puts the 240k resistor in parallel with the 22k and 1.5 M resistors in series, hence lowering the resistance and causing the bulb in the roach to stay on constantly.

Thanks in advance for your expertise!