Forums

Full Version: Cap Job on Reverberocket GS-12-R 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

This is my first post and I hope to have placed this in the correct area of the Forum. 

I recently acquired a GS-12-R Reverberocket 2, with a vintage of 65’. It uses a pair of 7591 and 12Ax7’s, and a 6UIO according to the schematic on the back panel. The original owner did not play it much and had never gotten it serviced. It is the cleanest example of a vintage amp I’ve come across- a bedroom amp that sat for decades. I would like to replace the caps and bought a corresponding kit from FlipTops. In addition to the kit, I will replace the 2 prong cord for safety. Being in discovery mode, I do not want to proceed until I have a few opinions from the Ampeg community. I’ve worked on some Fender style amps and am handy with a soldering gun but Ampeg in general, is new to me. 

Is there anything to watch for while performing the above? Here are some pictures of my Ampeg. It’s a beauty:

Thanks,
Michael