Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
recapped vt-40
This is just a picture of the recap job performed by my friend and coworker Cooper Smith at American Music in Seattle.

[Image: VT40a.jpg]

The capacitors for the screen supply and one of the 3 40uf caps that are used in the preamp section were all put on one turret board and mounted above the transformer.

there is enough clearance to do this in the later vt-40s or any of the v-2s. Something to consider if you have one and want to recap it.
Hi Hangman, good to see you are still at it. I always enjoyed your posts.
(06-23-2014, 09:56 AM)rob Wrote: Hi Hangman, good to see you are still at it. I always enjoyed your posts.

Thanks Rob! There is more with this came from. I'm busy scanning a bunch of documents for the documents page too. The forum software for this site is so much more friendly on the admin/moderator side of things.
I have some V4 schems if you need them as well as some pre-amp and SVT stuff...
(06-23-2014, 05:24 PM)weezykid Wrote: I have some V4 schems if you need them as well as some pre-amp and SVT stuff...

I'd be interested to see what you have. many of the schematics on the ampegv4.com site were copies of mine. so we have the V4,V2,Vt22,vt40, pretty well covered.

here are the other schematics I personally have.

The SVT (service manual)
v-9
Gu12
b15N
b15s
b25b
B25
gv-22
ST-42
G-212
G-410
G-412
B-115
B-410
V6B
G18
GT-10
SST/SBT power amp schematic
435-sn

the following are of poor quality and if someone has a better copy I would love to get a scan
ampeg v7 schematic
G20

any thing you might have that is not on the list would be much appreciated!

-steve

(06-24-2014, 11:35 AM)Hangman Wrote:
(06-23-2014, 05:24 PM)weezykid Wrote: I have some V4 schems if you need them as well as some pre-amp and SVT stuff...

I'd be interested to see what you have. many of the schematics on the ampegv4.com site were copies of mine. so we have the V4,V2,Vt22,vt40, pretty well covered.

here are the other schematics I personally have.

The SVT (service manual)
v-9
Gu12
b15N
b15s
b25b
B25
gv-22
ST-42
G-212
G-410
G-412
B-115
B-410
V6B
G18
GT-10
SST/SBT power amp schematic
435-sn

the following are of poor quality and if someone has a better copy I would love to get a scan
ampeg v7 schematic
G20

I also have a pretty long list of SLM ampeg schematics.

any thing you might have that is not on the list would be much appreciated! also I'd like to post other things like some of the sales catalogs, price lists, advertisements etc...

I already have a number of catalogs from the 1970-72 era, a 1970 price list, a v4 (distortion model) sales brochure, parts lists and some random other documents. I will post these soon. I have a number of them scanned already

-steve
Beautiful job on the turret board. Nice touch the "Locktite®" on the mounting studs. Was this a custom board or an off the shelf item. It's great to see that techs still take pride in their workmanship. "

I've done this for 46 years and recently retired and it is amazing how little pride anyone takes in their work anymore.
(11-12-2013, 11:28 AM)Hangman Wrote: This is just a picture of the recap job performed by my friend and coworker Cooper Smith at American Music in Seattle.

The capacitors for the screen supply and one of the 3 40uf caps that are used in the preamp section were all put on one turret board and mounted above the transformer.

there is enough clearance to do this in the later vt-40s or any of the v-2s. Something to consider if you have one and want to recap it.
Hey Hangman! I have migrated here from the ampegV4 forum due to all the spam traffic and maintenance. I also have a high quality scan of an original V4-B schematic from the inside of the the amp if you want to add it to your collection.

I have been out of a job and working on more and more amps lately. Hopefully I will start to get more of a local following, If I can do enough and make if worth while I hope to one day open up my own guitar/amp repair shop here.

Keep up the post/photos and good work!
(06-24-2014, 01:41 PM)pstpierre1 Wrote: Beautiful job on the turret board. Nice touch the "Locktite®" on the mounting studs. Was this a custom board or an off the shelf item. It's great to see that techs still take pride in their workmanship. "

I've done this for 46 years and recently retired and it is amazing how little pride anyone takes in their work anymore.
Agreed! I spend more and more time undoing poor work done by bad techs.

The board is custom. We often do a similar board in a few Sunn models.

(06-24-2014, 06:19 PM)ROBO Wrote:
(11-12-2013, 11:28 AM)Hangman Wrote: This is just a picture of the recap job performed by my friend and coworker Cooper Smith at American Music in Seattle.

Hey Hangman! I have migrated here from the ampegV4 forum due to all the spam traffic and maintenance. I also have a high quality scan of an original V4-B schematic from the inside of the the amp if you want to add it to your collection.

I have been out of a job and working on more and more amps lately. Hopefully I will start to get more of a local following, If I can do enough and make if worth while I hope to one day open up my own guitar/amp repair shop here.

Keep up the post/photos and good work!

Glad to see you here! yeah the spam traffic is out of control. I am abandoning the ampegv4.com forums. I couldn't secure ownership of the ampegv4.com site and the owner wasn't going to update the forum or allow me to erase massive numbers of spam users.

its a drag because there is so much good information on that site. but we'll just have to rebuild the knowledge base here.
Hangman, when are you going to post those schematics?
(06-30-2014, 11:06 AM)cleanupyouract Wrote: Hangman, when are you going to post those schematics?

Soon. The shop has been really busy, and I"m playing catch up.

edit: I added a couple schematics to the docs page. There are many more to come, I will try to upload and post a few every day.