Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
B115/B410 caps
Any suggestions as to where to get replacement caps for a 70s B115 combo? Some of them are missing, others should probably be replaced. I haven't been able to find what matches the ones that are in there, but I know things have changed since this thing was made. Any recommendations as to what would be good in this and where I can get them? I'm in the US.
Hero,

I have recently purchased from Tubedepot.com and from Fliptops.net, both of whom serve the AMPEG market. Tubedepot people were helpful answering questions quickly via email.

Matching the exact uF value is not always required, but you need to make sure the voltage rating is met. You don't want to replace a 450 vdc cap with a 200 vdc. I recently replaced ac filter 20uF 450v caps with 22uF 500v caps, both electolytic. These are used to smooth out the rectified ac plate voltages.

Post updates and pics if you can so we can see what you are doing.

Good luck.
Larry
Thanks for the reply. The B115 is a solid state. I've checked tubedepot and flip tops. They seem to only have higher voltage for tube amps. The caps are 4800uf 60VDC. The closest I have found are 5000uf 40VDC. I picked them up for a couple bucks from a surplus shop. Not sure that those would be ok, since the voltage is lower.        
I also found some 2500uf 75VDC caps, but I think that is decreasing the capacitance too much maybe?
            Update: I went back to the surplus store and did some deeper digging and came up with a couple of Mallorys 5000uf 63VDC. 3 bucks a pop. I don't think I'm going to get closer than that. I tried them out, it sounds good. I picked this thing up from goodwill. Needed a new speaker in addition to the caps. I put in an eminence Beta15a. I'm happy with it.
Nice find on the amp.

Larry