Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vintage reverberocket Tremolo
fliptop amps does not have the TM-1 tremolo modules I need for my vintage reverberocket ii. Anyone have one I can purchase? or know somewhere else to get one?

Thanks!
(12-06-2017, 09:01 PM)claytushaywood Wrote: fliptop amps does not have the TM-1 tremolo modules I need for my vintage reverberocket ii. Anyone have one I can purchase? or know somewhere else to get one?

Thanks!

I blew past this post last week thinking "Nope, no idea." But since you've gotten no responses, I thought that I would at least point you at this. Good luck!
(12-11-2017, 07:09 AM)jjmt Wrote:
(12-06-2017, 09:01 PM)claytushaywood Wrote: fliptop amps does not have the TM-1 tremolo modules I need for my vintage reverberocket ii. Anyone have one I can purchase? or know somewhere else to get one?

Thanks!

I blew past this post last week thinking "Nope, no idea." But since you've gotten no responses, I thought that I would at least point you at this. Good luck!

Thank you very much! I've read a few things about the resistance of that LDR being impossible to find so this is a pretty sweet find! With no other options its all I Have.

my only concern is... The amp sounds fantastic right now without the tremolo- i have left the intensity and speed pots either fully cw or ccw (cant remember right now- but it does affect volume) and the amp sounds great. So I'm wondering if messing with this device if I totally destroy it will the amp still function as it functions now? I dont have fliptops as a backup anymore.

I'm assuming it will not change anything, but I could be wrong.

Thanks again
(12-11-2017, 03:47 PM)claytushaywood Wrote: Thank you very much! I've read a few things about the resistance of that LDR being impossible to find so this is a pretty sweet find! With no other options its all I Have.

my only concern is... The amp sounds fantastic right now without the tremolo- i have left the intensity and speed pots either fully cw or ccw (cant remember right now- but it does affect volume) and the amp sounds great. So I'm wondering if messing with this device if I totally destroy it will the amp still function as it functions now? I dont have fliptops as a backup anymore.

I'm assuming it will not change anything, but I could be wrong.

Thanks again

I think what I would do is simply test it. Remove the photooscillator from the circuit and see how the amp works. My assumption is that it's basically an open circuit as it is, so that nothing is going to change.You can always just put it back...
So i've taken apart the tremolo module and found that it lights up.

I've also realized that the tremolo works on this amp. However I can only hear it when the intensity knob turned far clockwise. It is very faint at this setting and turning the intensity pot right also lowers the volume of the amp quite a bit. But when i do this I can hear the tremolo (it lowers the volume so much that I have to turn the volume up on the amp). as i turn the intensity knob left the amp gets louder and the tremolo effect fades away until it is not there at all (not that there was much there to begin with)

Also the speed changes but it does not change much- it goes from fast to very fast. There is also a loud tick in time with the bulb flashing as I turn the volume of the amp up to compensate for the the effect of turning the intensity knob to the right.

I've replaced the capacitors in that part of the circuit. Anyone have any idea what else this could be? I assumed it was the module because I emailed the guy at flip top amps these notes and he said "yeh its definitely the module" (but that was back when he was selling them)

Any input would be greatly appreciated!
The TM1 module consists of a photo resistor and a light bulb. the light flashes, causes the photo resistor to change resistance (it can either go higher or lower, but in this case I believe its lower) In your case, because when you move the intensity knob to the right the sound drops off, it sounds like either your photo resistor is disconnected, or it is open. you can check this by disconnecting it and seeing if there is any change. my guess is it will behave the same either way. You can also test it with a multi-meter. it should measure like 1-10meg in darkness and anywhere from 1k-50k in light. I don't really know the photo resistor they used in the TM-1.

So I agree with Bruce at fliptops, it is the module. This doesn't mean that you can't fix it. it just means that we're going to have to experiment and find something that works.

Can you post a picture of the photo resistor and module?
Check the values of resistors R32 and R39 as seen on this schematic.