Poll: Should vintageampeg.com include resources for Ampeg amplifiers from the 1980s and 90s?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
yes, of course!
66.67%
2 66.67%
no way!
0%
0 0%
maybe just the cool models
33.33%
1 33.33%
Total 3 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
gauging interest in post 70s ampeg information
Hello everyone, I've been slowly working on getting some more content on the site, I am nearing the point where I will start publishing some of the pages. These pages will be a sort of amplifier database, where you can click through different ampeg models, get some history, description, photos, schematics and other documentation for a given model all on one page.

I naturally have focused my efforts on the 1960s-70s ampegs, but I would be interested to hear peoples thoughts about eventually extending the database to the 80s and 90s.

on one hand, those amplifiers don't measure up to the golden era of ampeg. but they certainly are "vintage" at this point, and there are definitely some models that are hard to find schematics for. so what do you guys think?
yes. my friend has my old '95ish 2 12 "diamond blue" reverberocket. not really a reissue,
not a classic ampeg but it was all tube, el34's, and it did have its good points.
after 20 years of good service it just died. we were debating whether to get it fixed, or buy something else.
i think it's worthy.
(03-15-2016, 04:23 PM)Fred Rocker Wrote: yes. my friend has my old '95ish 2 12 "diamond blue" reverberocket. not really a reissue,
not a classic ampeg but it was all tube, el34's, and it did have its good points.
after 20 years of good service it just died. we were debating whether to get it fixed, or buy something else.
i think it's worthy.

we swapped out the tubes and fuse and its up and running.
i'm surprised at how much this amp sounds like a 60's era ampeg. it's not exact but close, and the reverb is great.