Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
where to buy parts?
i need the pot that works the "intensity" on my reverberocket 2.
it has the switch that clicks at "full on".

i do not see it at fliptops.
thanks
thats going to be a really hard one. typically, those end up having broken shafts, or the pot will never clean. In those cases I always use parts from other pots to repair the broken pot.

if your pot is already missing... it may be difficult to find an exact replacement. does your reverberocket have PCB mounted pots? which shaft shape does it have?

you may end up having to replace it with a "pull on" pot.
mine is a 1966. i dont remember if it has a circut board or noy., pull on sounds like a good idea. mine was replaced bo former owner. works fine but no after beat.
yeah, if I were you just install a pull on pot. The most annoying part of the after beat feature on the early gemini amplifiers is that you can only turn it on with the intensity all the way up. with the "pull on" pot, you would be able to turn it on regardless of the position of the intensity pot. (In the later g12/g15 amplifiers they had a separate rocker switch

even if you had the original pot in there.. its totally worth doing.
thats a great idea! where do i get one and which one do i need? thanks!

(08-24-2016, 02:18 PM)Hangman Wrote: yeah, if I were you just install a pull on pot. The most annoying part of the after beat feature on the early gemini amplifiers is that you can only turn it on with the intensity all the way up. with the "pull on" pot, you would be able to turn it on regardless of the position of the intensity pot. (In the later g12/g15 amplifiers they had a separate rocker switch

even if you had the original pot in there.. its totally worth doing.
Hmm, what I do remember is that finding a 4Meg pot is hard enough, but finding a 4Meg push pull is impossible. I remember using a 1Meg.

You will have to get creative one way or another. do the knobs on those amps have set screws? That might make your life easier if they do. the later ones have the D-shaft, and it can be a nightmare finding the right ones. I typically end up having to buy a CTS pot in the value I'm looking for and then I swap out the shaft from the old pot, or from a salvaged ampeg pot.
wow. maybe i can find an old junker for parts
what kind of shaft does the pot need?
the pot has been replaced with another pot without a switch.
the previous owner didnt save the old parts.
my knobs have the set screws.
thanks for getting back to me.

my vibrato works; it just doesnt go to the afterbeat part. it's ok for now, i also have a gemini so i use that one for vibrato but it would be neat to get them both going...lol
Thats perfect, if the pots have round shafts. CTS makes 1 meg pots with a switch. I have a few if you are interested. I attached a pic of one.

its a push pull pot, Mesa Boogie actually uses them to replace old pots in their old Mark series amplifiers. I have used one to add the after beat effect to an Ampeg GU-12. oddly it doesn't have the effect stock, despite the fact that its got the same tremolo circuit.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)